Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The beginning and new age thinking...

From a balance of new beginnings and expired expectations, I welcome myself back to the world of blogging. I have erased everything I have said and done from here and want to begin again. Why? Because I am a new person. I have new ideals, focus and priorities. I have changed my care free self into someone wanting more change in the world. Why now? I don't really know. I am sort of just fed up with things as they happen to me and want to be a part of what is happening around me. Love, Life, Politics, Relationships and everything that happens in between - I want to be a part of all of it before it becomes too late to change it. Starting today. With this sudden political focus on racial discrimination.

From the sociological point of view I believe that racism is often (not always) perpetuated by that of the minority figure. What I mean by that is very simple to understand: those of a minority race cannot say that the majority race targets one without hitting another. We can not say that property tax being increased in a neighborhood is directed to target the African-Americans and Hispanics without believing that the whites are also impacted. From the mathematical stand point, you can not say a proof is true if you can not prove the converse. Meaning whites cannot say that eliminating welfare and other public assistance programs will control the minority populations without knowing that the whites are also part of the problem.

We are in an age where the face of poverty has changed. It is not the minority, young mothers with no jobs, but it extends to that of the elderly whites, the nuclear families and the former "middle class". With that being said, the government is not (in my sole opinion) targeting that of the minority but they are targeting America. Every American citizen below the top two percent of the bell curve. As a member of the minority population, it would be foolish for me to rest on the fact that it is because I am of a certain race. We, the American People, members of the minorities (racial, sexual and gender wise) must make it a priority to get what we deserve. Educate ourselves on what is happening now and actually consider how we can make a difference in the future. Just because you only have $5 to put away today, does not mean you can not assist in cancelling a generational curse and create a new class and generation of greatness.

The term "Old Money" rings in my head, as we ignore the fact that the majority of the highest class of people, were members of the highest class of people before they were ever conceived. The wealth may have been exclusive to certain classes at that time but what seeds are we sowing into the future? Will old money continue to belong to one handful of look a likes or will we stop using our money for here and now ignoring the future of our off-spring. How much of your tax-refund did you invest? Did you start a savings, invest in upgrades on your home, or buy a big vacation.

Okay now all of these thoughts are just scrambling together. But what I have decided is I will not allow my child to use her race as an excuse for the lack of success. She will not perpetuate racism in this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment